The brake issue proves difficult to track down and finally forces me to do a continuity test on a 40 foot long run of wire, this is a pain in the butt but quickly isolates my problem and allows me to determine a poor connection under the chassis of the motorhome. I fix the bad connection and the problem is instantly resolved. I also take the opportunity to rewire the power lead to the brake controller and give it its own dedicated fuse in the panel. Now it is working perfectly.
Karl and I decide it is time to do the living room furniture project and remove the couches, install the chairs and bolt in the new custom couch. Wow, does it look nice! And comfortable too!
The upper curved roof line is having some serious clearcoat peeling issues. This is common with all motorhomes between 6 and 8 years old. I could pay a thousand dollars or more to have it professionally painted but decide to take it on myself. It won’t be perfect but it will be way better than it is right now. Karl and I spend a weekend sanding, masking and spray painting as needed. The spraying is difficult because there is a very light breeze. There is no such thing as a totally calm day on the lake so we pick the calmest day we can and deal with it. We let the paint cure and then clearcoat the entire area. Two weeks later, I spent several hours power buffing the entire area and it looks pretty good. I also buffed the entire trailer while I had the power buffer out. Now it shines like new.
I hope we get on the road soon, I’m tired of all the projects.